Daily Action connected over 67,000 calls to Congress to protect Obamacare
Calling Service Has Connected 600,000 Calls to Fight Trump Agenda, Avg 10k Calls/day
Text DAILY to 228466 (ACTION) or sign up at DailyAction.org to resist extremism in America, one phone call at a time
Washington, DC — Today, Daily Action is celebrating the citizen activists who defeated President Trump and the Republican leadership’s health care bill. Daily Action connected over 67,000 calls to Congress to protect the Affordable Care Act for a total of 222,181 minutes, the equivalent of 154 days. Republicans faced an embarrassing defeat when a vote on the bill had to be cancelled for a second time due to lack of support.
“Together we are creating a critical mass that is impossible for lawmakers to ignore,” says Daily Action founder Laura Moser. “The American people are not going to sit back, flip on The Apprentice, and let President Trump and Republican leaders dismantle all the progress of the last eight years. The phones in Congressional offices are ringing off the hook and we are not going to let up.”
TOTAL AHCA/#SaveACA calls 67,223 calls for 222,181 minutes
AHCA/#SaveACA calls to reported GOP Defectors
- Mo Brooks (Alabama) — 19 calls, 76 minutes (4.00 min/call)
- Andy Biggs (Arizona) — 73 calls, 275 minutes (3.77 min/call)
- Trent Franks (Arizona) — 61 calls, 258 minutes (4.23 min/call)
- Paul Gosar (Arizona) — 56 calls, 309 minutes (5.52 min/call)
- Ken Buck (Colorado) — 148 calls, 604 minutes (4.08 min/call)
- Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (Florida) — 209 calls, 823 minutes (3.94 min/call)
- Ted Yoho (Florida) — 131 calls, 617 minutes (4.71)
- Raul Labrador (Idaho) — 82 calls, 367 minutes (4.48 min/call)
- David Young (Iowa) — 49 calls, 186 minutes (3.80 min/call)
- Tom Massie (Kentucky) — 74 calls, 343 minutes (4.64 min/call)
- Andy Harris (Maryland) — 121 calls, 446 minutes (3.69 min/call)
- Justin Amash (Michigan) — 157 calls, 739 minutes (4.71 min/call)
- Mark Amodei (Nevada) — 107 calls, 408 minutes (3.81 min/call)
- Rodney Frelinghuysen (New Jersey) — 293 calls, 953 minutes (3.25 min/call)
- Leonard Lance (New Jersey) — 222 calls, 886 minutes (3.99 min/call)
- Frank LoBiondo (New Jersey) — 43 calls, 157 minutes (3.65 min/call)
- Dan Donovan (New York) — 34 calls, 152 minutes (4.47 min/call)
- John Katko (New York) — 73 calls, 317 minutes (4.34 min/call)
- Ted Budd (North Carolina) — 50 calls, 192 minutes (3.84 min/call)
- Walter Jones (North Carolina) — 36 calls, 139 minutes (3.86 min/call)
- Mark Meadows (North Carolina) — 186 calls, 642 minutes (3.45 min/call)
- Warren Davidson (Ohio) — 28 calls, 102 minutes (3.64 min/call)
- Jim Jordan (Ohio) — 35 calls, 139 minutes (3.97 min/call)
- Dave Joyce (Ohio) — 70 calls, 299 minutes (4.27 min/call)
- Charlie Dent (Pennsylvania) — 87 calls, 354 minutes (4.07 min/call)
- Brian Fitzpatrick (Pennsylvania) — 213 calls, 887 minutes (4.16 min/call)
- Scott Perry (Pennsylvania) — 54 calls, 234 minutes (4.33 min/call)
- Mark Sanford (South Carolina) — 105 calls, 529 minutes (5.04 min/call)
- Louie Gohmert (Texas) — 19 calls, 71 minutes (3.74 min/call)
- Dave Brat (Virginia) — 159 calls, 657 minutes (4.13 min/call)
- Barbara Comstock (Virginia) — 367 calls, 1,310 minutes (3.57 min/call)
- Tom Garrett (Virginia) — 72 calls, 240 minutes (3.33 min/call)
- Rob Wittman (Virginia) — 79 calls, 562 minutes (7.11 min/call)
- Jamie Herrera Beutler (Washington) — 83 calls, 361 minutes (4.35 min/call)
TOTAL: 3,550 calls, 13,691 minutes (3.86 min/call)
Daily Action has become the frontline in battling President Trump’s policies and nominees on Capitol Hill, connecting 600,000 calls to Congress to fight Trump nominees and policies since it launched just three months ago. That’s over 2 million minutes of call time (the equivalent of 3.8 years!).
Daily Action has committed to connect 100,000 calls to fight the confirmation of Judge Gorsuch as well and inundated Senate offices earlier this week.
Daily Action logs an average of about 10,000 calls per day to fight President Trump’s policies or nominations. The average call time is over 3 minutes. Daily Action has grown to over 250,000 text message subscribers by making phone call activism easier than ever for the left. The brainchild of Washington, DC based writer and mom, Laura Moser, is produced in collaboration with Creative Majority PAC and powered by Revolution Messaging’s Revere calling technology.
Subscribers receive a daily text message about an important issue and a hotline number they simply click to call. They click the number and listen to a recorded summary of the issue, then callers are automatically connected to their lawmaker or the target of the action. Actions and talking points on the issues are also shared on the Daily Action Facebook page. Daily Action provides subscribers with concrete, quick ways to fight back, taking all the effort out of registering DAILY opposition to the extreme policies and appointees of the incoming administration.
“This election showed us we all need to do more and we know our calls are making a difference,” added Moser. “Daily Action makes it easy to call. You can make the phone calls when you’re walking to the bus stop, or waiting in line for your morning coffee. One touch of the phone and you’re done. We are proud to be proving wrong the skeptics and the naysayers who thought that progressives would retreat after the Women’s March.”
“With our calling technology, we can track how many calls are being made, which lawmakers are receiving calls and how long they last. This data is critical to know what is working and what isn’t, which lawmakers are hearing from us and which lawmakers require further effort.,” said Scott Goodstein, co-founder of Creative Majority PAC. “Calling your lawmakers and those in power is the best way to make your voice heard. It’s even more effective if your friends and neighbors are calling too. The grassroots excitement around Daily Action shows that progressives are more engaged than ever.”
Daily Action has been bombarding Congressional offices and filling up voicemails. Wins include pressuring Democrats to filibuster Gorsuch; Republicans walking back their plans to gut the Congressional ethics office; Congressman Darrell Issa calling for a special prosecutor to look into Russia ties on the same day Daily Action connected nearly 19,000 calls to the House Judiciary Committee urging a special prosecutor; Attorney General Sessions recusing himself from the Russia investigation the same day Daily Action connected nearly 20,000 protest calls on his Russia ties; Trump’s first nominee for Labor Secretary, Andrew Puzder, withdrew his nomination after losing support from Senators on both sides of the aisle after Daily Action connected over 35,000 calls to Congress to fight the nomination; and delays to several confirmation hearings. Actions have been shared on social media hundreds and thousands of times.
Laura Moser has written for the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, Slate, and many other publications.
Creative Majority PAC is a political action committee of the creative class, run by and for artists, musicians and writers banding together to hold politicians accountable. They most recently launched WhiteHouseInc.org.
Revolution Messaging is a leader in full service online organizing, offering fundraising, creative, video, mobile, advertising and technology services. Founded in 2009 and led by key members of the 2008 Obama campaign, the award-winning firm is a leader in cutting-edge progressive strategies for a mobile world. Revolution Messaging served as the digital firm for the Bernie Sanders presidential campaign, running online fundraising, digital advertising, branding, video creation, website development, the online store, and the Artists for Sanders program. Follow us @revmsg.
Moira Mack Muntz