We are looking for a System Administrator to maintain, upgrade and manage our software, hardware and networks. This position will both assist in person in our D.C. office with any hardware or software needs as well as assisting remote employees with software setups, troubleshooting and maintenance. Resourcefulness is a necessary skill in this role. You should be able to diagnose and resolve problems quickly. You should also have the patience to communicate with a variety of interdisciplinary teams and users. Your goal is to ensure that our technology infrastructure runs smoothly and efficiently.
- Install and configure software and hardware; wipe computers as needed
- Ensure new employees are equipped with computer equipment and have the necessary access to email, Slack, and other systems as needed to do their jobs
- Maintain security certificates
- Manage hosting and site deployments
- Domain acquisition and maintenance
- Maintain network servers and technology tools
- Manage an ongoing inventory of company hardware
- Monitor performance and maintain systems according to requirements
- Troubleshoot issues and outages in a rapid response environment
- Assist in triaging incoming support tickets
- Ensure security through access controls, backups and firewalls
- Upgrade systems with new releases and models
- Develop expertise to train staff on new technologies
- Collaborate with Department Leaders to write best practices, technical documentation and IT policies
- Proven experience as a System Administrator, Network Administrator or similar role
- Experience with databases, networks (LAN, WAN) and patch management
- Knowledge of system security (e.g. intrusion detection systems) and data backup/recovery
- Familiarity with various operating systems and platforms
- Resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience using Pantheon and/or Cloudflare not required but a plus
Please note that this is a union position within Washington-Baltimore New Guild Local 32035. For more information, please visit wbng.org.
Revolution Messaging, founded in 2009 in Washington D.C. by key members of the 2008 Obama campaign, is a leader in cutting-edge progressive strategies for a mobile world. Our clients include government agencies, nonprofit groups, unions and political campaigns and candidates. Revolution Messaging specializes in a bevy of in-house digital strategies, including mobile, advertising, social media, video, creative, fundraising and web development.
Hiring Range – $55,000 to $62,500 depending on level of experience
Revolution Messaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is Revolution Messaging’s policy to recruit, hire, train and promote individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, length of time spent unemployed, as well as other classifications protected by applicable laws.