Revolution Messaging is collecting applications for an experienced digital organizer and writer to join our Campaigns and Fundraising team as a Senior Digital Fundraising Strategist. The ideal candidate will have four or more years of digital marketing and fundraising experience, as well as management experience. This position will drive the relationships for some of our firm’s largest clients while actively managing digital associates and mentoring our large, talented team of digital strategists.
Here’s some of the work you’ll do:
- Act as client lead for some of our largest clients to set goals and develop the strategies and tactics require to meet them. You’ll be the primary contact for the clients you manage and, for some clients, will manage a team of people.
- Mentor and develop staff, including potentially overseeing new employee or client onboarding and providing career development opportunities.
- Manage digital associates in charge of production and writing on our team.
- Development of an collaborative work culture.
- Peer reviewing colleagues work to improve copy.
- Develop an email calendar and fundraising projections for your clients.
- Write. You’ll draft the majority of email content for the clients you manage, along with landing page content, ad copy and, often, social media content.
- Work with designers, web developers, videographers and advertising strategists to coordinate all services the firm provides to your clients.
- Overseeing acquisition campaigns and developing reporting.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Four or more years of digital organizing or relevant experience — that means you have managed full-service digital campaigns for several years.
- Recent management experience.
- Experience managing multiple email programs, particularly with an emphasis on fundraising. You haven’t just written email copy – you have an understanding of how to set a calendar, grow, and mobilize an email list.
- A willingness to try new tactics across all digital channels — whether they’re ideas you’ve dreamt up late at night, or trying something interesting you saw from another campaign, organization, or business.
- Analytical skills. Because testing and optimizing is such an important part of what we’re trying to do, you need to be able to analyze the impact of the creative tactics mentioned above.
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to develop a unique voice and compelling narrative across emails. We’re trying something different here: betting that we can deliver for our clients while respecting the intelligence of their supporters. That requires quality writing and creativity.
- Some experience with paid advertising: both for acquisition and persuasion.
- Significant experience running social media campaigns on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Medium, and other channels.
- Good communication skills – you can interpret results for clients, explain strategic decisions and maintain smooth relationships.
- Ability to manage projects independently.
- Ability to communicate effectively with designers and web developers to convey client needs.
- Experience with constituent relationship management tools like Blue State Digital, Salsa, Convio, or NGP.
- Ability to be on-call for urgent client needs, sometimes on nights or weekends, as well as later hours during campaign season.
The following would be beneficial, but not required:
- Agency experience.
- Fluency in another language.
Pay is commensurate with experience.
If interested in this role, please submit a resume, cover letter, writing samples, salary requirement, and references to: email@example.com
Revolution Messaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is Revolution Messaging’s policy to recruit, hire, train and promote individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, length of time spent unemployed, as well as other classifications protected by applicable laws.