Ad Operations supports our advertising team manage and maximize performance of media buys and ad placements for our clients. Once an insertion order is signed, Manager, AdOps will input, serve, target, optimize, manage, and report on the performance and traffic of advertising campaigns. Ads must be continuously monitored, tweaked and adjusted based on data and performance to meet goals defined by the advertising strategists.
Responsibilities & Duties
The Manager, Ad Ops must
- Be passionate about working in national politics and with non-profit causes;
- Be able to supervise, mentor, and develop a team of advertising operations associates;
- Have experience inside media operations, ideally non-profit campaigns or political campaigns specifically;
- Be well-versed in the language and nuances of digital marketing including how to achieve audience growth, engagement and conversion and the wide array of tactics that enable each;
- Be ambitious in supporting the advertising team’s goal setting and the tactics implementing to hit those goals;
- Have experience with multiple platforms including social channels (i.e. Facebook, Twitter and Google), email (i.e. in-email graphics placements, copy and dedicated email buys), ad networks, and optimization and analytics tools;
- Understand the fundamentals of setting up audience segments and interest targets, along with specialized methods such as look-a-likes and retargeting;
- Understand the use of pixels, APIs and other technologies that allow for automated tracking and reporting;
- Always be willing to learn about new tools and experiment with advancements in the industry;
- Seek information and ideas from others on the team, appreciate diversity of thought, and collaborate to produce the best product of our clients by providing innovative solutions to address client needs;
- Take ownership and accountability around reporting and communications, expectation management, and obtaining manager input and approvals;
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable work experience.
- At least 2+ years of relevant experience in fast-paced advertising team, advertising agency, or consulting agency providing similar work.
- Prior supervisory experience
- Honed writing skills as per client communications, plans and deliverables.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills capable of working in a diverse environment.
- Self-starter with visionary, creative sensibility.
- Unflappable in the face of crisis or high stress situations.
- Extreme orientation to detail with refined project coordination skills, ability to create client-facing and internal-facing reports and communications that prove/disprove success of any campaign.
- Ability to see, understand and communicate the big picture as well as translate into actionable next steps.
- While not required a Facebook Blueprint or Google Ads certification is a major plus
Revolution Messaging is a Washington D.C. -based digital agency dedicated to authentic storytelling for progressive campaigns. Founded by key members of Obama 2008 and Bernie 2016, our team takes pride in running cutting-edge campaigns and mobilizing activists. Our clients include government agencies, nonprofits, labor unions and political campaigns. We specialize in a range of full-service media strategies, including advertising, creative, fundraising, public relations and technology.
Revolution Messaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is Revolution Messaging’s policy to recruit, hire, train and promote individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, length of time spent unemployed, as well as other classifications protected by applicable laws.