Revolution Messaging is seeking a Lead Software Engineer who is passionate about working on teams that solve interesting, large-scale problems at a rapid pace. This role will contribute heavily to the buildout and iteration of Revolution Messaging’s current and next generation platforms. As a member of our engineering team, you will be in a position to have a direct, lasting impact everywhere that technology powers our business. Ideal candidates for this position should possess a keen mind for solving tough problems with the ideal solution, partnering effectively with various team members along the way. They should be personable, efficient, flexible and communicative, and have a passion and love for what they do. This role comes with the opportunity to be a high performer within a department that’s fast-paced, and dynamic.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Help deliver on the department’s product-driven goals for both internal and external teams, ensuring our core engineering values remain a priority
- Lead by example for other members of the team as a dedicated, passionate, and flexible developer who is constantly looking for the ideal solution to a problem
- Be heavily involved in architectural decisions
- Be involved with critical software design decisions that will have a lasting impact on Revolution Messaging’s platform and products
- Keep up to date on modern technologies and trends and advocate for their inclusion within products when it makes sense
- Work collaboratively with other remote team members to help deliver end-to-end products and features, seeing them through from conception to delivery
- Be able to troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve issues quickly and effectively when they arise
- Provide technical guidance and help mentor engineering, QA, operations, and product staff to deliver the best possible solutions for the company
- Help define, document, evolve, and evangelize high engineering standards and best practices across multiple areas
- Move quickly and intelligently – seeing technical debt as your nemesis
The ideal candidate would have a minimum of 5 years experience in the following areas:
- Cloud-based environments like AWS and Heroku – specifically related to networking, compute, database, cache, and storage services
- Large-scale decoupled, service oriented systems
- Working with APIs / in an API-driven environment (REST, RPC, GraphQL)
- Working with one or more of the following: Ruby, Node, PHP
- Environments that use automation, CI, and CD concepts to rapidly deliver, measure, and iterate on products and features
- Testing systems and concepts like test-driven development
- Experience working in a small to mid range agency a plus
Revolution Messaging, founded in 2009 in Washington D.C. by key members of the 2008 Obama campaign, is a leader in cutting-edge progressive strategies for a mobile world. Our clients include government agencies, nonprofit groups, unions and political campaigns and candidates. Revolution Messaging specializes in a bevy of in-house digital strategies, including mobile, advertising, social media, video, creative, fundraising and web development.
Hiring Range – $110,000 to $125,000 depending on level of experience
Please note, this is union position within Washington Baltimore-News Guild Local 32035. For more information please visit wbng.org.
Revolution Messaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is Revolution Messaging’s policy to recruit, hire, train and promote individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, length of time spent unemployed, as well as other classifications protected by applicable laws.