Location: Washington, DC
Revolution Messaging is hiring a Digital Strategist to join our full-service Campaigns team. That means you’ll drive the relationships with several of our amazing clients on everything from email acquisition, calendaring and mobilization, to online advertising, social media, mobile, and more. It’s a chance to help guide the digital efforts for several high-performing, top-level campaigns and organizations. And just know that we’ll ALWAYS go out of our way to pursue the kind of clients you’ll be proud to work for, while keeping your portfolio focused enough to allow you to really dig into the work.
Here’s some of the work you’ll do as a Digital Strategist:
- Work directly with clients to set goals and develop the strategies and tactics required to meet them. You’ll be the primary contact for the clients you manage.
- You’ll create calendars and develop the content needed to bring them to life.
- Write. You’ll draft all email content for the clients you manage, along with landing page content, ad copy and, often, social media content.
- Work with designers, web developers, videographers and advertising strategists to coordinate all services the firm provides to your clients.
- Plan and execute paid acquisition campaigns.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- A willingness to try new tactics across all digital channels — whether they’re ideas you’ve dreamt up late at night, or trying something interesting you saw from another campaign, organization, or business.
- Analytical skills. Because testing and optimizing is such an important part of what we’re trying to do, you need to be able to analyze the impact of the creative tactics mentioned above.
- Experience managing an email program, particularly with an emphasis on fundraising. You haven’t just written email copy – you also have an understanding of how to set a calendar, grow, and mobilize an email list.
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to develop a unique voice and compelling narrative across emails. We’re trying something different here: betting that we can deliver for our clients while respecting the intelligence of their supporters. That requires quality writing and creativity.
- Experience with paid advertising: both for acquisition and persuasion.
- Experience running social media campaigns on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Medium, and other channels.
- Good communication skills – you can interpret results for clients, explain strategic decisions and maintain smooth relationships.
- Ability to manage projects independently.
- Ability to communicate effectively with designers and web developers to convey client needs.
- Experience with constituent relationship management tools like Blue State Digital, Salsa, Convio, or NGP
- Ability to be on-call for urgent client needs, sometimes on nights or weekends, as well as later hours during campaign season
If interested in applying for this role, please submit your resume and cover letter in the form below.
Revolution Messaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is Revolution Messaging’s policy to recruit, hire, train and promote individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, length of time spent unemployed, as well as other classifications protected by applicable laws.